måndag 3 juni 2013

Still in Texas

Right now the barbecue-smoke is heavy over Sweden. Everyone is at the barbecue (yup, me too) so if you can smell some barbecue when you read this you know why. What I have at the barbecue? Pork, chicken, beef, mushrooms, onions, vegetables, etc, etc. But I still managed to get some painting done. Almost finished my Texans! Why I didn't paint the shoes/boots on the casualties is anyone's guess, I have no idea except that I didn't think of it. The rest still got their bases because I want to see how it all looks with the cavalry (and maybe some Mexican infantry). I know Davy shouldn't be there, but I couldn't resist.


Got some more paint on the Mexicans and their horses and found a Texas casualty I had forgotten.




The local toystore have closed and I bought two houses that I don't know what to do with right now. I don't like that they are ruined, but that's how it is. Airfix so they are a bit on the small side. First their café with some figures for scale, one Airfix Prussian, one IMEX Texan and one Strelets Boer (+ two Airfix WWI casualties).



And then their country-house (I think it was called). With same figures (almost).


Well, that's it for now.

3 kommentarer:

  1. it looks very well done !!!
    the ESCI figures are really good!

    Do you have Summer heat now in Sweden ?

    SvaraRadera
  2. very interesting! now one thing I must say is that hearing all about BBQs making me long for the summer again or perhaps a less wet summer. oh well.

    great stuff and I hope that the BBQ will get much more usage before the winter comes again.

    SvaraRadera
  3. Thanks! Summer heat seams to be over for now here. Just as well since both the missus and the dog are very sensitive for the heat. They faint when it's over 25 C. The barbecue will probably be going on not depending on the weather. It is gas-driven (is that right?) and we have it on the balcony (live in an apartement).

    SvaraRadera